Re: [tlug] Re: rec

Thanks for the answer, Tobias! However, VIA 82C686 Audio Codec still doesn't
work.. Sorry, I need help again because I have no idea to do at all. My
hardware sounds fine. Give me advice, please. I tried:

aumix -mR -m100
aumix -d /dev/mixer -mR -m100

Both looked all right just as the Ensoniq case below.

Incidentally:

aumix -d /dev/dsp -mR -m100
aumix -d /dev/audio -mR -m100
        aumix: error opening mixer

(In fact, I don't have such a file as /dev/sound/mixer.)

After doing "aumix -mR -m100", then I tried:

rec sample.ul
    sox: Can't open input file '/dev/dsp' : Invalid argument

rec -d /dev/dsp sample.ul
    sox: Can't open input file '/dev/dsp' : Invalid argument

rec -d /dev/audio sample.ul
    sox: Can't open input file '/dev/audio' : Invalid argument

rec -d /dev/mixer sample.ul
    sox: Unable to reset OSS driver. Possibly accessing an invalid
file/device

Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (ES1371) worked as we expected. I succeeded
like:

aumix -mR -m100
rec sample.ul
play sample.ul