[tlug] A Tanka about 9.11

Hi,all. #Japanese/English message.

こんにちは。ちょっとOTですが、短歌を一つ紹介させてください。短歌とは、日
本の伝統的な定型詩です。

Hello.
Although a little OT, but please let me to introduce a Tanka.
Tanka is one of Japanese Traditional poetry with a fixed form, the
format is syllables 5/7/5/7/7.

私は歌人・五十嵐きよみさんが主催するインターネット歌会「梨の実歌会」で、
ぜひ皆さんにご紹介したい作品に出会いました。それは

神の国がそれぞれ違うのだとしても地獄はたぶんみんな似ている

というものです。感想をお聞かせください。

Several days ago, I find a Tanka that make me to introduce it to world,
and I tried translation under the poet's approval.

9.11 and after

Each of the men imagines his own heaven,
And the heavens are different from of other all men,
But probably all will be fall into a same hell at last.

Please tell me (and the original's poet) your impressions and opinions.

FYI, I find it on a internet uta-kai( meeting for discussion on each
Tankas of all attendants ). The leader is a famous Tanka poet Ms. Kiyomi
Igarashi, and her site is ;
http://www.parkcity.ne.jp/~noma-iga/
(Japanese language only)

--