Re: [tlug] Best online comp shops??

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 00:57, Michael Gauthier wrote:
> It's time.  I can't stand it anymore.  The PC upgrade itch is just too bad.  I must relieve my pain.

Oh, I know the feeling. It's especially acute when you've just upgraded
your office computer to an Athlon XP 2100+, and you're still using a 450
MHz K6-2 at home.

> But, before I do, I'd like to hear what you think are some of the better online computer shops in Japan.  I've not upgraded in quite a long time (currently running a Cel 667Mhz), so I'm a little out of touch.  Looking for MSI mobo, AMD proc, NVidia video, etc.

My cousin reports that mwave.com is very good. In addtion, for and
additional $9, they will test your motherboard and CPU (with or without
memory) before they send it to you. However, the problem with that MSI
motherboard is it can only take processors up to the Athlon XP 1800+,
and only supports a 266 MHz FSB. Now, the EPoX EP-8RGA+, due out in
about a month
(http://www.epox.com/html/motherboard.asp?product=EP-8RGAplus&lang=1),
has the nForce2 chip set, and also supports a 333MHz FSB, PC3200 DDR
RAM, has 6 USB 2.0 ports, a built in ethernet port and optional
firewire. I'm drooling.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu@example.com
University of Chicago -=- CCSR