Re: [tlug] Yet Another PGP question

Godwin Stewart wrote:

> I'm using Sylpheed 0.8.2 with GnuPG 1.0.7 and GPGME 0.3.8 (IIRC).

I was, too. Except for GPA 0.4.3, not GPGME.

Jim Tittsler wrote:

> There were more GPG fixes in Sylpheed 0.8.4.  You might try
> updating to a more recent version.

Writing from 0.8.5 fresh out of the compiler. I am truly amazed, I have
no idea how you do that, but this verily made the problem re: Ryan and
Stewart disappear, both signatures are now GOOD. Thanks for the tip!

Still, "no public key to verify the signature" of people I have three
public keys on the keyring from persists. I find all this extremely odd.
I mean, security, come on, isn't this supposed to be absolutely fail-
and fool-proof?

Cheers
Ulrich Plate