Re: [tlug] [newbie] scp syntax

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, BABA, Yoshihiko wrote:

> Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Can anyone give me an example use of scp. I tried to copy /tmp/mozilla*
> > from orange24 machine to working directory as below, but I did not work
> >
> > bash-2.04$ scp hun01118@example.com:/tmp/mozila* .
> > who is online now?
> > bash-2.04$ cd /tmp/
>
> Why did you cd /tmp?  You scp'ed mozilla* from orange24 to the directory
> you were in.

Hmm,

mozilla*tar.gz are big so I dont want to copy them to my $HOME. I think
/tmp is a good place for strong big files because I am quota'ed ;)

bash$ quota hun01118
Disk quotas for user hun01118 (uid 218):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
grace
yellow00:/home/yellow
                 253343       0  307200            7111       0       0
bash$

|            Nguyen Vu Hung( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |