Re: [tlug] Quick follow up on OpenOffice and Gentoo

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 10:52:18AM -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 12:48:19PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > So, at this point, I'm just going to let it slide--it's one of those
> > things that I almost never use, and don't feel like researching today.
> > At some point, I'll poke around their site and see what is there--on
> > another, this might be fun, but today is too perfect a roller blading
> > day.  :)
>
> You said you were using the gentoo package, right? Is there a reason you
> can't just install a binary of OpenOffice? I did that, and everything
> seems to work fine. I'm not sure about font substitution per se, but I
> was able to use a variety of Japanese TrueType fonts (after installing
> them with spadmin).

No reason at all (mentioned that I hadn't done that step in one of the
earlier posts).  However, in this case, as it's not something I use very
much, it's more fun to try to get it working with what Gentoo provides.
Were this a production issue or similarly important, I would have done that
(downloaded from openoffice.org) first.

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )