Re: [tlug] Quick follow up on OpenOffice and Gentoo

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 10:34:23AM +0900, Yuji Kosugi wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:06:46PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > For those with an interest in this--as I'd mentioned, Japanese wasn't
> > working in 1.4 which I put down to various problems with the OpenOffice
> > and OpenOffice binary ebuilds.
>
> I've never tried the binaries, but I've emerged OpenOffice (from source,
> not the binaries), kinput2, and canna after I upgraded to GCC3.2, and
> Japanese works fine.  But come to think of it, I'm using OpenOffice 1.0.1,
> not 1.0.1r-1; I haven't particularly felt like building the whole package
> again.

I did, on an earlier install, try it from source (that is, Gentoo
source) wondering if, with cjk USE flags in there, it would work. It's
actually more a curiosity than necessity for me, so I haven't gone
through the next, somewhat obvious step of trying to download it from
openoffice.org and compiling it. At work, and actually at home, I
primarily use it for reading things when vendors or others insist on
sending me proprietary format type things.  (Most Japanese that I have
to be able to read is either email--no problem with mutt--or on the web,
which I can do with opera.)

Thanks

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: People to see, demons to kill.