Re: [tlug] Hello, again... and here are some errors

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 04:07:30PM +0900, Micheal E Cooper wrote:

> I accessed the archive for the mailing list and searched for "openoffice
> japanese". No search returns.

If you're trying to find out whether/how well OpenOffice works in
Japanese, I've installed it and find it to be quite good, to the point
where I no longer hate OpenOffice. It even does vertical text. やった!

You do need to download the Japanese version, and for some odd reason
it's a little hard to find. I think what I did was to go to the main
download page at openoffice.org ... found that a Japanese package was
listed, but *not* linked ... so I took my FTP client to the archive
listed there, poked around a bit, and found the package.

You will need to have kinput2 running with the XIM protocol. There was a
recent thread on that subject, but if the archive search isn't up to
date, you probably won't find it, so maybe you'll have to ask on the
list again if you're not sure how to set up kinput2.

Best of luck.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA