Re: [tlug] Funny locale problem with Gentoo

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 09:11:06AM +0900, Shaw wrote:
> what version of gentoo did you install?
>
> after i upgraded to 1.4_rc1, i also had a problem with all
> my (gui) apps segfaulting...i assumed it had something to
> do a botched switch to gcc 3.2, so i re-installed, and the
> problem went away. i didn't even think to check if it might
> be a kinput2 problem...scott, have you upgraded yet?

Yes, but I only use fluxbox. I call applications with

#!/bin/bash
XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=en_US LC_CTYPE=ja_JP ${1+"$@"} &

So, note that I'm using English as my language.

Also (and this is why I didn't answer the earlier post) I don't use
Gnome (or KDE anymore, actually) so I don't have any good answers.

I have, however, lost my ability to input Japanese in OpenOffice--I had
assumed, (as any of you who are on the gentoo-user list know) that since
there were so many issues with Openoffice that the problem was there,
rather than with kinput2. Everything else, kon and the like, work as
before.

I don't know if this is any help, though.

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: When Giles sends me on a mission, he says 'please.' And
afterwards I get a cookie.