Re: [tlug] Redhat mirrors

On 9/24/2002, "n" <yeehi@example.com> wrote:

>I try using Download accelerator plus on XP

If it hurts when you do that, don't do that.

Seriously, though, what you're using is most likely the problem.  KDD Labs
is a terrific FTP mirror and has huge bandwidth.  If you try it with a
normal FTP client, it will probably work better.  Try using your web
browser, or better still, command-line ftp from the DOS prompt.

>What is going on? (I am trying to get the 8.0 null beta iso images)

Why Null is fairly stable, it's still a beta.  As such, it isn't something
I would recommend to a beginner.  For that matter, I wouldn't recommend a
Red Hat point-zero release to a beginner, either.  RH's point-zeroes are
(in)famous for bugs and stability problems.  5.0 and 7.0 are a couple of
real standouts in a long and illustrious history.  If you must run 8.0,
approach with caution.  The best way to go would be to install it on
another partition (or disk) and try it out and see if you like it and it's
stable enough for you.

One thing you'll notice is that window drag operations in Null are
annoyingly jerky.  It's a beta, though, so things like that are to be
expected.

Jonathan

GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF