Re: [tlug] Notebook Question

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 01:43 pm, Jim Breen wrote:

> (a) where do I kick off kinput2 at boot time? I put it in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but it doesn't work there. I suspect it is because
> canna hasn't properly initialized yet.

Do you use X with a window manager? kinput2 can be started in your window
managers auto start. eg: I linked $HOME/.kde/AutoStart/kinput2 to the binary
and it starts when I log in.

> (b) I'm having trouble setting my hostname. It was suggested in March
> that I use "HOSTNAME=...." in /etc/sysconfig/network, but this time that
> broke a few things and stopped X from launching.

I have a RH7.3 machine and have the hostname set in /etc/sysconfig/network
with HOSTNAME=thehost.thedomain.com.au (slightly modified here) and that was
put in by the RH setup process.

-- Sam

Sam Tilders
sam@example.com

Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am.  (Descartes)