Re: [tlug] Games

On 9/12/2002, "Pietro Zuco" <pietro@example.com> wrote:

>software, like Cisco routers emulators. The guys at Cisco, maybe think
that
>if you want to have a Cisco IT certification you do not use Linux....

Major-ass peeve of mine, too.  Considering what a large percentage of Cisco
shops are also *nix shops in which the admins are either mostly or
exclusively running some flavor of *nix, I'm quite disappointed at the lack
of Linux software from Cisco.  This is especially sad when you consider
that the person(s) who developed the IOS CLI were obviously from a *nix
background.  That's why IOS has the best, most intuitive CLI going, *nix
shells included.

>the first object is to encourage people to use Linux, the rest, will
come
>automatically.

This is very true.  If you build it, they *will* come. The trouble is, the
kind of people who find NEXT-NEXT-NEXT-FINISH challenging on *not* the kind
of people we want using Linux.  You just know they are a support nightmare
for the game vendors, too.

Jonathan

GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF