Re: [tlug] Notebook Question

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 10:41:16PM +1000, Jim Breen wrote:
> G'day All,
>
> Well today my wife came home to find a hole in the roof, the
> manhole into the ceiling open, and a couple of things missing,
> including my Toshiba notebook. FORTUNATELY I had spent much of
> Monday making zipped tarball backups to CD, so the loss of
> data is not dramatic, however I am about to buy a new notebook.

Firstly, my sympathy.  Much as we tell ourselves, well, it could have
been much worse, it stinks. Having experienced this a few months ago I
know the feeling.

Anyway, I can answer the first, not the second question.  I've installed
RH 7.2 and 7.3 on a few IBM Thinkpads with absolutely no problem.  It
automagically detected vid settings, network card, etc. In such cases,
however, it was solely an RH (a RH?--hrmm) machine, I wiped Windows
completely--which is why I can't answer your second question.

HTH a little

Scott

GPG KEY EB3467D6
( 1B84 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)