Re: [tlug] Apache: Logging: how-to pipe logs or log toanothermachine (was Disk

On 08 Sep 2002 19:00:12 +0900, Bruno Raoult <br@example.com> squashed this
out of the keyboard:

> In fact, LZW was not correct. Gzip uses LZ77, a LZW cousin. I am not
> sure about patents on LZ77...

OK. That explains it :)

This being said, I believe that the patent on the LZW algorithm expires in
June next year. Am I right in assuming that it passes into the public domain
thereafter and that we'll all be able to (legally) do tiff/lzw and gif/lzw?

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com
                  gstewart@example.com

GnuPG key  : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4  0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in
their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're
a mile away and you have their shoes.