Re: [tlug] Apache: Logging: how-to pipe logs or log toanothermachine (was Disk

    >> From: Viktor Pavlenko <vvp@example.com>
    >>
    >> From `man gzip`:
    >>
    >> >if a file name is "-", the standard input is compressed to the
    >> >standard output.

    JC> Yes ... but I am assume that also means that gzip expects and
    JC> EOF to eventually come?

Of course.

Well, if a program writes to the disk you have to invoke gzip
externally on the resulting file. A program may also pipe its output
through gzip and then write it to the disk. I don't know which one you
are interested in...

Viktor