Re: [tlug] Apache: Logging: how-to pipe logs or log toanothermachine(was Disk

On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:03:38 +0900, "Jonathan Q" <jq@example.com>
squashed this out of the keyboard:

> >I currently get about 50GB of log files a day
>
> 50 *gig*?!  How many sites are you hosting?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to find that figure pretty large!

50 GB/day = roughly 600KB/second

At an average of about 100 bytes per log line, that's 6000 hits/second.

Tell me, what kind of computer can withstand that kind of battering so I can
go and drool over it? :)

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com
                  gstewart@example.com

GnuPG key  : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4  0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in
half and put it back in your pocket.