Re: [tlug] Apache: Logging: how-to pipe logs or log toanothermachine (was Disk

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 04:01:08AM +0900, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

>>Nope. Please, use AFS.
>
>I'll look into it. Jonathan as piqued my interested in setting up SANs ...

Hehehe, good luck finding a NAS that will do that :-)

A NAS that supports *nix is a cinch to do NFS, but not AFS.

As I described in my previous post, there's nothing wrong with
NFS, but it should not be used on an outside network.  That's
why I suggested popping a second NIC in each box that wants to talk
to the NAS and (Note: NAS and SAN are two very different things)
and run them on a non-routable (e.g., 192.168.1.0/24) network
and be sure none of them are routing between the inside and outside
networks.

Jonathan

GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF