Re: [tlug] Followup on mutt and gpg

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:19:07 -0400
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Quoth Jonathan Byrne (Wed 2002-09-04 12:19:05AM +0900):
>
> > On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:41:41PM +0900, Ulrich Plate wrote:
> >
> > >Is there a GUI version of Mutt somewhere?
> >
> > No, but it has occassionally been discussed in some
> > dark corners.  That would have some interesting points,
> > but the trick is making it GUI without breaking the
> > stuff that makes it Mutt.
>
> [...]
>
> I think the answer is writing an extremely lightweight GUI wrapper for
> Mutt. I have some ideas about how to make it work over even an
> ass-slow network connexion without problems.

One solution to the slow connection problem is to continue using the
curses based front-end over slow connections and use the GUI on local
machine only.  Although the "fast enough to be used over slow connections"
is also a fine goal as well.  Hope you get some interest - think this an
enhancement that many people would use.

--
simon colston
simon@example.com