Re: [tlug] Japanese file name on Linux

Anders (and others),

Please remember several things about posting to this mailing list:

1) Top-posting (what you have done in the below email and what I am
   doing here) is generally unacceptable.
2) Trim your replies, mainly by removing salutations, closings,
   signatures, and list footers.

Note that I have violated both of these guidelines in this
message. Here is why:

A top-post is only acceptable when you have comments on an original
post that do not make sense in-line. You should also make a note at
the end of your bit that you have included the original message
below. Also, your signature should *follow* the original, quoted
message.

In this example, top-posting makes sense because my commentary applies
to your whole post, but does not address any of the points in it
specifically.

Not trimming replies is always a sin unless you are including the
whole message for diagnostic purposes. In general, those sorts of
things should be taken off-list.

The exception to this rule is when the Listmaster (me) is including
your whole message to point out what should have been done
differently.

With this said, please keep in mind that this message is a general
netiquette issue, and I sent it to the list to help others, as
well. Take it in the spirit in which it was composed.

Thanks,
Josh Glover

[The original message follows:]

Quoth Anders Jansson (Tue 2002-09-03 05:59:45PM +0200):