Re: [tlug] Apache: Logging: how-to pipe logs or log toanothermachine (was Disk

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 10:34:36PM +0900, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

>Because NFS is dirty :) I've never done NFS and from what little I've heard
>about it I think I want to stay away from it ...

There's nothing wrong with NFS per se, but like SMB shares or
other things of that nature, it doesn't really belong on an
outside network.

If you choose the NFS option, the safest way to do it
(also keeps NFS traffic off your web-facing interface) is
to put an extra NIC in each machine and give them non-global IP
adddresses and run NFS over that network.  Think of it as a really,
really cheap SAN :-)

Jonathan
--
GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF