Re: [tlug] Japanese file name on Linux

On my machine (SuSE 8.0 with KDE) it works if I use kterm, but it does
not work on konsole. Not all Linux programs support display of Japanese
characters. In fact, to me it seems like only a few do. Xemacs and
Mozilla are others that come to my mind.

Another option would be to use Mozilla as a file browser. In the box
where you type the URL you could type file:///home/batara or whatever
directory your files are stored in.

On my machine I have also installed the nicolatter and Wnn programs
which enables me to input japanese characters, but I don't think they
are required if you only want to see file names or view files.

Anders

In order to view