Re: [tlug] Stopping Spam and viruses

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:55:32PM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> On 8/29/2002, "Scott Robbins" <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 10:40:31AM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
>
> >> The settings I've always seen in RH are high, medium, and none.  What
> does
> >> "normal" mean?  If it means none, that would be bad.
>
> >No, that's not the case.  None would be the same as if you did ipchains
> >-F
>
> That's my point exactly.  The available choices are "High, Medium, and None."
> None is "no firewalling" so I'm trying to find out where this "normal" figure
> came from.

My apologies---I was referring to RH's medium setting.  I guess I wrote
normal....sorry.  (Short term memory is one of the first things to
go....)

--
Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6 (1B48 077d 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Anya: For a thousand years I wielded the powers of the
Wish. I brought ruin to the heads of unfaithful men. I brought forth
destruction and chaos for the pleasure of the lower beings. I was
feared and worshipped across the mortal globe. And now I'm stuck at
Sunnydale High. Mortal. Child. And I'm flunking Math.