Re: [tlug] Re: typing in Japanese (Red Hat 7.2)

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 04:35:13PM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
> Quoth Matt Gushee (Wed 2002-08-28 10:22:29AM -0600):
> > On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 01:07:40AM +0900, Graeme Jensen wrote:
> > > Forgot to mention one more thing.  I remember reading on some web page that I
> > > needed to run both canna  and WNN (and two other packages) to type in
> > > Japanese.
> >
> > Nonsense. At least, if you're reporting accurately what the web page
> > said.
>
> IIRC, the Red Hat docs do seem to indicate that Canna and FreeWnn need
> to both be running for Japanese to "work".

Hmm ... sounds to me like RedHat is just trying to minimize support
requests from people who happen to install an application that requires
one or the other. I haven't used RedHat lately, but when I did (up to 2
years ago), I was always able to get Japanese input running with just
Canna. If something in their infrastructure is genuinely dependent on
having both, that would be perverse.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA