Re: [tlug] Japanese encoding

Quoth Jim Breen (Fri 2002-08-23 12:45:20PM +1000):

> Well, I'll get back OT with a little shirase.
>
> I've just added a humungous collection of Japanese/English sentence pairs
> to WWWJDIC. They're linked automagically to about 22,000 EDICT entries, so
> that when  you look up something like "shirase", you can see a heap of
> sentences using the word. It's a public domain collection, and you can read
> the details at: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdicinf.html#examp_tag

Jim, have I ever mentioned how cool you are!?

Seriously, when I first joined the TLUG mailing list a couple years
back, I got very excited when you first posted. I jumped up from my
keyboard and told the room at large, "Jim BREEN is on this list! You
know, EDICT Jim Breen? The God of Japanese Computer Dictionaries? You
know, Jim Breen!?"

:)

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.

GPG keyID 0x62386967
(Public key available from keyserver.net or pgp.mit.edu)