Re: [tlug] zaurus sl-5500, linux and ntt docomo

> i'm curious whether anyone knew whether ntt's "hotspot" 802.11a/b
> service had actually become a service yet?  does anyone know
> if/when the softbank/mcdonalds wireless deal goes live?

I was meeting a guest in the lobby of the President Hotel in Aoyama
and picked up an NTT Communications "Hot Spot" service brochure at the
reception.

The site is in Japanese, but when I called the service number
(0120-815244)  I was lucky enough to get an English speaking operator
when I rang.  You need a Japanese address and you pay a monthly
subscription fee for unmetered usage.

Anyone know how good the coverage of Tokyo is?  Do they concentrate of
certain types of public places (coffee shops or such)?  Being in a
hotel lobby, I was surprised it did not cater for foreign visitors
much.  (Short-term contracts and the Hotel renting out WiFi cards and
such.)

Cheers,
Tim