Re: [tlug] Japanese encoding

[Josh Glover (Re: [tlug] Japanese encoding) writes:]

>> But isn't the Australian government famous for sloppiness?
>>
>> (Sorry, I should have, but could not, resist! ;)

I give up. What were you trying to resist?

BTW, as someone who is light-years away from being a supporter of the
(current) Australian government, I'm curious to know what particular
sloppiness did you have in mind? Trying to put myself in the position
of a non-Australian, the sorts of (negative) comments I'd make are:
"Dubbya-grovelling", "xenophobic", "groundlessly arrogant", etc.
Sloppiness doesn't spring to mind.

Our local paper had a reproduction of the Ian Thorpe advertisement
with the: 僕を大きくした国。オーストラリア。 caption. I had
to translate it a few times for people.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/‾jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298