Re: [tlug] Re: recommendations for a good pc shop in tokyo

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 10:11:27AM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> This mirrors my experience exactly.  I ran with the nvidia drivers for a
> while, but had problems with X locking up.  When I went back to the X
> driver, the problem went away.  Coincidence?

I bought an ATI Radeon 8500 earlier this year, but realised that I
couldnt even run it with the XFree86 driver (only the CVS version
supported it at that time and that too in 2D only).

Then got a Geforce3Ti200, but couldnt get 3D on it because Nvidia's
driver didnt support >64MB of RAM. When version 2314 came out shortly
afterwards, everything worked fine.

Im still running the 2314 driver and have had upto 60days of uptime,
even after lots of Quake3 and RtCW.

No problems here.

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi