[tlug] Re: recommendations for a good pc shop in tokyo

Josh Glover wrote:

> The nVidia drivers for Linux are shit. They were causing my Athlon box
> to segfault and lock up pretty often (like twice a week, which may be
> nothing for Windows users, but I *demand* uptime in the thousands of
> days! ;), and nVidia with not release the source, or the tech specs
> for the damned card that would allow other people to write phat 3D
> drivers for it.

IMHO the nvidia drivers are quite good. I had some problems in the past,
but the version I'm currently running (2960) seems stable.
(My current uptime is 15 days, mostly because I have not changed my
kernel or used the pwc (Phillips webcam) driver lately)
Before my Geforce 4 MX I had a ATI Rage 128 Pro, but the ati drivers
have problems with OpenGL support and Unreal Tournament was unplayable...

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits