From: Brett Robson
To: tlug@example.com
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 10:17 AM
Subject: [tlug] Japanese encoding

Hi all,

I'm confused about Japanese encoding. I've got all the literature but I'm
missing something.

Is there any automatic translation between encoding in the standard web
browser/web server model?

For instance, if you have a web form that accepts data, will the computer
that the user is using will send data in whatever encoding that computer
uses? Or the server? (I wouldn't think so) So is it true that my cgi script
running on Linux Apache could receive data any practically any format?

Brett