Re: [tlug] recommendations for a good pc shop in tokyo

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:46:44AM -0700, Vince Berg wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a shop in the Tokyo area that I can trust to sell me
> such a PC?  I can get a co-worker to interpret for me so English speaking
> staff is not a requirement.

Favorite PC shops is a frequent topic of discussion for folks
in the Tokyo PC Users Group.  news://news.tokyopc.org/tpc.shopping

There is rarely a consensus.  What each person looks for in a
shop is different.  Changes in shop staff can also make
recommendations fleeting.

Having prefaced my comments with those weasel words, I'll go on
to mention a couple of my favorites:
  Plat'home:  A very Unix and Linux friendly shop.
    http://www.plathome.co.jp/
    http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/map/d_2.html  (D_2:a_1)
  User's Side:  Not the lowest prices, but a good selection
    of mid- to upper-end boards and cases.
    http://www.users-side.co.jp/
    http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/map/e_1.html  (E_1:f_6)

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/