Re: [tlug] IP Masquerading

Hi Ulrich,

On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 21:12, Ulrich Plate wrote:

> Ryan, can you bypass the Fujitsu ADSL router by setting it to bridge mode?
> If you manage to reduce the DSL router to the status of a mere modem, you
> could take it out of the equation and let your Corega take over the NAT and
> DHCP regime in your network. This would work with my Sumitomo DSL router,
> but I don't know about your model.

My Fujitsu ADSL router does have a "bridge mode" option. I tried setting
it to bridge mode, but then was unable to see the Internet. Could you
give me some more details about how you had the Corega router set up
behind your ADSL router? Ordinarily I have it set to WAN¦IP(¼«Æ°¼èÆÀ)
(automatically acquire WAN-side IP), so it will get an IP from the DHCP
server on the Fujitsu ADSL router. If I'm setting the ADSL router to
bridge mode, do I need to configure the Corega router with the PPPoA
username/password that I usually set in the Fujitsu router?

Ryan