Re: [tlug] IP Masquerading

Hello,

Okay, here's some more information on what I
was calling my "hub":

It's a Corega BAR SW-4P Broadband Access Router
Switching Hub, according to the manual. It does
have its own config app running on port 80, and
I haven't confused it with the config app for
my Fujitsu ADSL router.

Docs are here, but I can't read them:
http://www.corega.co.jp/support/manual/router.htm

> OK, you're trying to double-NAT.  I suggest not doing that
> until you have a more basic setup working.  Even then,
> as B0ti mentioned, it's probably overkill.  Setup this
> Corega device to function as a simple switch and try
> this again.

This sounds like the way to go, but I can't seem
to figure out how to set it up to function as a
simple switch.

It has a DHCP server on it, so the computers I've
got plugged into it are getting their IPs
dynamically, in the 192.169.1.* subnet.

I tried turning off everything in the config app,
including DHCP, and setting up eth0 statically on
my server, but that didn't work too well: I couldn't
see past the Corega device, which I assume means it
wasn't acting as a simple switch.

There is a button on the back of this thing labeled
"Cascade" that can be set to either "PC" or "Hub",
could that be related? If I set it to "Hub" everything
stops working.

Maybe I should just go out and buy a true hub, but
this thing also has packet filtering features that
I would like to use if I ever get this set up.

Thanks,

Ryan