Re: [tlug] IP Masquerading

Ryan Shaw wrote:

> But this doesn't (nmap -p 80 from remote machine
> shows port 80 closed, and I cannot browse via lynx):
>
>  [ Internet ]
>   Dynamic IP
> [ ADSL Router: IP masq. port 80 -> 192.168.0.2:80 ]
>   192.168.0.1
>   192.168.0.2
> [ Corega Hub: IP masq. port 80 -> 192.168.1.11:80 ]
>   192.168.1.1
>   192.168.1.11
> [ Apache Server ]
>
> I have IP filtering turned off on the hub. The Corega
> configuration app (web-based) calls its IP masquerading

A hub with a web based configuration app? Mine is also from corega but it's
dead simple.
I couldn't find one on the corega website that can do this.  Isn't that web
based configurator for the adsl router??

Anyway, you didn't give enough info on what subnet is masqueraded on the ADSL
 router.
My simple guess is that 192.168.1.* is not, so when the packets get back to
the router originating from 192.168.1.11 they are not NAT-ed.
Did you try turning on masq on the hub ?

BTW, why do you need that port forwaring/masq feature in the hub (if it's
real)?  Seems like an overkill to me.

--
B0Ti.