Re: [tlug] bandwidth statistic generaing program?

>From: "Jonathan Q" <jq@example.com>
>
>It works with anything that speaks SNMP.  That includes Linux and probably
>even Windows.

I had a look at the installation documentation of both and they both ask for
the IP of an SNMP enabled "router". I didn't see any mention that they could
also use a simple Linux box.

>Looks like somebody didn't google before posting :-)

I did, I did ... I even install MRTG and gave it a whirl before posting. But
when the confi tool asked me for the IP of my router I blinked, checked the
docs again and then gave up since my ISP's router won't let me qury it's
SNMP data.

I'll try MRTG again and give it my Linux box's IP and see if it is happy
with that.

Jc