Re: [tlug] Japanese encoding problem

>From: Jake Morrison <jake_morrison@example.com>
>
>In the old days of Unix (and perhaps even today in xBSD), vi, ed, ex
>and sed were all based on the same code. But vim and sed are
>different codebases.

I realized that right after I hit the send button. Should have been obvious
since there some ed options in vi that don't work in ed.

>You can then replace it with something else like this:
>perl -wp -e 's/\244/\n/g' < foo.txt > foo.converted
>
>Replace \244 with the code (or codes) you got from od -c.

I found a simplere answer (my last post) but I might give this a whirl just
for educational purposes.
Thanks for educating me on od and how to replace characters based on the
underlying character code in perl.

Jc