Re: [tlug] Japanese encoding problem

A little update on my problem with this particular japanese character. In
case someone searches the archives and has a similiar problem here is the
solution I found. Though not optimal it works (and I don't know why).

using PHP (or perl) I was able to do the following:

$aGenres = preg_split("/\s+/",$genre_code);

For some reason PHP (and perl I would assume though I haven't tested) seem
to recognize this funny japanese chracter as whitespace.

Hope that helps any searching through the archives in the future.

Jc