[tlug] Re: wither ipchains?

big0 wrote:

> >[root@example.com /]# lsmod |grep tables
> >ip_tables              10304   2  [ipt_REJECT iptable_filter]
> Like you can maybe also see the name is ip_tables, not iptables.
> There are also other packet filer parts like iplimit etc. but
> there is no iptables. It is the name of user-mode program. The module
> mentioned above just enable support for tables in the kernel

But it might have been named iptables. :-)
AFAIK at least the ipchains compatibility module is named ipchains...

I'd argue it's the name of the whole filtering system, both kernel and
userspace side, which is why both the userspace program and the kernel
module have the same name.

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC