Re: [tlug] Perl and locale errors

>From: Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>
>
>http://www.google.com/search?q=perl%3A+warning%3A+Setting+locale+failed
>
>If you tried this, and still could not find the answer:
>
>a) I am surprised
>b) I apologise
>
>If not:
>
>a) Shame on you.

Josh, I've been flamed enough in the past that Google is always the first
place I look :)

And just to make sure I checked the link you gave and went to each of the
top ten hits returned by Google and none answered my question as to why
locale setting is important to Perl and more importantly what settings I
should be using on a system I want running in english but handling japanese
files.

My question is not so much how to fix the problem but why this is a problem
in the first place and what are the deeper implications of fixing/not fixing
it ...

Jc