[tlug] Re: Parallel port driving me nuts

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:39:45 +0200, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com>
wrote to Tokyo LUG <tlug@example.com>:

> I've already done a fair amount of searching on google.com and everything
> I found points to what I've already made sure of.

As an addition to the previous mail, I was getting "modprobe: Can't locate
module char-major-6" messages in /var/log/syslog, so I added

alias char-major-6 parport

...to /etc/modules.

The error messages no longer appear in /var/log/syslog but the /dev/lp0 is
still supposedly non-existent.

--
Doctors can be frustrating. You wait six weeks for an
appointment and he says, "I wish you'd come to me sooner."