Re: [tlug] sed or perl script help please . . .

Assuming your text includes no errors,

#!/usr/bin/perl
while(<>) {
  s/\n/ /;
  $line .= "\n" if (split)[0] > 1;
  $line .= $_;
}
print "$line\n";

This worked at least with your example. HTH.

On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 19:34:27 +0900
"Jean-Christian Imbeault" <jean_christian@example.com> wrote:

> I have a large text file that unfortunately got line-wrapped or something in
> the transfer and I would like to "undo" the line wrapping ..
>
> Luckily each line was numbered in the original file so it should make my
> task easier but
> I've been trying for the last hour to come up with a sed script to concat
> the lines together but can't seem to get it quite right.
>
> I have a file that contains lines like this:
>
> 1 some
> text with
> C/R's
> in annoying places
> 2 more text
> with CRs
> 3 text text text
> 4 text text
>
> I'd like to concat the lines that don't have leading numbers in to one long
> line like this:
>

> 1 sometext with C/R's in annoying places
> 2 more text with CRs
> 3 text text text
> 4 text text
>
> Can someone suggest a sed (or perl if it is better suited to this) script to
> concat the lines?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jc

> please see instructions at
> http://www.tlug.jp/list.html

SAKUMA Junichi <jun@example.com>
Key fingerprint = 199D 03E9 E7C0 CC66 E2D9  AD3F CB2E F76F 8AD9 FC62