Re: [tlug] "Linux Friendly" ADSL Providors

>Would be cool if you found an ISP that hands out fixed IPs, but I haven't
>heard of anyone doing that for individual customers...

Try this place (Interlinks Zoot service):
    <http://www.interlink.or.jp/adsl/index.html>

I am using this service and I am pretty happy. They give me one static
IP, and I can run my own server (Linux) (mail, web, etc.). I pay YEN
2000 per month for this.

Have had no real problems so far.

I also think Usen offer your aout 6 static global IP addresses for about
YEN 6000 per month, but their installation price may be a bit expensive
(ca  YEN 30000), and their pipe to the Internet may be questionable. But
it will give you 100 Mbps to their datacenter.

~ Hav.