Re: [tlug] C puzzle

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:08:27PM +0900, bruno raoult quoth, and most verily thus:
> Just to be sure that I well understand this thread:

I think you got it. ;)

> - From this point of the game, we reverted to "correct/incorrect"
>   programming... I love this latter discussion (I program a lot,
>   and I also try to follow "standards", as much as possible).

Good. Coders that do not care to follow standards are partly responsible for
shitty implementations that both reinvent the wheel and do not interoperate
with anything else. Now that everything is networked, standards are more
important than ever.

> Small example: "What is the difference between american coffee
> and a boy a girl lying in a boat?".

LOL. The version that I know is "How are American beer and sex in a canoe
similar?" Same answer, of course. :)

OT: I never thought that "American coffee" was weak until I went to Europe
and drank some of the coloured hot water that Europeans try to foist on
tourists as "American". I am American, and I drink coffee, and I like it
strong, thanks! ;)

> To revert to the thread:
> I really think no incorrect program is "100% incorrect".

I have seen some that come pretty close.

Of course, I have seen some programming languages that are pretty close to
100% incorrect, as well![1] :)

> Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.
>                 -- Rich Kulawiec

Gates would agree. ;)

--Josh

[1] http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/bf/
(Actually, this is very kewl in a hurt yourself kind of way! ;)

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.