Re: [tlug] C puzzle

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 10:00:05AM -0400, Viktor Pavlenko quoth, and most verily thus:

>     JG> Viktor Pavlenko wrote:
>     >>
>     >> I don't think this one satisfies the original request to turn
>     >> the sample into a "correct C program". The original code is
>     >> much more correct than your solution:)
>
>     JG> No, my friend. Whether C is "correct" or not is dependent on
>     JG> only one thing: compiling and doing what it is supposed
>     JG> to. Macho C hackers cackle with glee over this clever use of
>     JG> pointer arithmatic. :)
>
> Completely agree with you and withdraw my comments. Apologies to the
> author. But I (not being a macho C hacker) never code like that :)

Nor should you! :)

I am not an old school hacker. I believe strongly in the principles of good software design, clean, well-commented code, and <gasp> OOP! :)

Believe me, macho (or, as one of my favourite professors prefers: gonzo) C hackers would find as much fault with me as with you for the above statement.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.