[tlug] ISDN connection woes

I am a newbie running Red Hat 7.2 ( Enigma)  I am using an Alexon TD 101 ( A
Japanese made one) Terminal Adapter to connect to the internet.  It takes an
average of 20 minutes to make an internet connnection using Red Hat's
Internet dialler software, and then the speed is usually 4kpb/s, but the
connection speed is shown as "connected at 64000" .  I've looked at the
various linux web pages concerning ISDN and can't find any help as they seem
to all deal with ISDN cards.  I've contacted the manufacturer and they won't
help me as the terminal Adapter is designed to work with windows.  I would
consider upgrading to ADSL, I've heard roaring penguin is good, if someone
would give me some advice as to compatible hardware.
Thanks in advance, any help apprecciated!