[tlug] Mutt complaining of a read-only mailspool

Well, I finally got around to setting up Postfix + Procmail + Mutt
to insure an "optimal" mail environment (of course, I need to setup
emacs-client, because I cannot stand composing mail in vi for long!).

Things were working smoothly until Mutt all of a sudden started
complaining that my "inbox" (i.e. ~/mail/inbox ->
/var/spool/mail/jmglov) was read-only when I tried to delete stuff.
This is not true, as the permissions show. Moreover, procmail is
having no trouble delivering mail to +inbox.

I searched Google a bit, and saw that Mutt will designate a folder
as read-only if it cannot flock() it. I tried it in C, and sure
enough, a flock() call failed.

Any ideas what could have caused this, and what I can do to fix it?

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.