Re: [tlug] Free Japanese Type 1 Fonts

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 20:58, B0Ti wrote:

> > I know about these. Unfortunately none of
> > them seem to have Type 1 equivalents.
>
> Then make them!
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Font-HOWTO/x381.html

Cool! I didn't know that was possible.

> BTW, what do you need type1 fonts for?

Gnome-print seems to have a bug/limitation
that prevents it from being able to handle
Japanese TTF fonts (cannot properly break
up the TTF files at the table bounadries,
due to the size of the tables). I wanted to
see if it could handle Type 1 fonts any
better.

Ryan