Re: [tlug] characterset in gnus

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:26:51 +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
> Matt Doughty:
> > --Matt "the last truly crufty bastard on the list" Doughty
>
> You're not the last, since I'm leaving after you.

Wow.  Amazing what can happen to a list over a weekend.  Never thought
I would see a clueless newbie actually drive Turnbull to call it quits.

Before I sign out, I just thought would point out that some of the
members who left this list were some of the best resources for certain
types of information you are likely to find.  The main draw of this
list was information that I could not find elsewhere.  Simon, Stephen,
and Jonathon had a talent for clearly explaining complex concepts and
having links to information that was authoratative and hard to find.

Some of those who have not left have the same talent, but they post
rarely, so the Signal:Noise ratio has just plummeted.

Michael