Re: [tlug] Re: command line and Mac OS X

I've been quite favorably impressed with my Mac OS X machine.
It really is a very pretty and quite usable front end on a
Unix machine.

And, related to this discussion, there are a surprising (to me)
number of freeware and shareware utilities that add GUI frontends
to the underlying Unix utilities so that users can administer,
customize, and tweak without starting a 'term'.  It does look
possible to put together a command-line-less workable
environment.  (And the restricted hardware base helps eliminate
setup hassles, although you do pay a premium for the privilege.)

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/