Re: [tlug] characterset in gnus

Ayako wrote:

> I have a draft now, so please visit at http://www.tlug.jp/draft.html

This is good material, but I am fairly certain that it will not solve
the kind of problems that led to the recent departure of the
half-dozen or so stalwarts of the list.

In fact, it may end up being the case that the face of TLUG will be permanently changed
henceforth. If an effort is to be made to retain the original
character of the list, a character that is outlined in this document,
I think there needs to be a mechanism instituted in the subscription
process that requires new applicants to read a much more tersely
written statement of list policy (something like a long single
paragraph), and make them *agree* to it.

I personally do not have the technical skills to set up such a
mechanism, but I would be willing to assist in the drafting of such a
document, and with any further input on the development of this
process.

On the other hand, it is unlikely that the recently departed members
will return anyhow, and perhaps it may be the case that the majority
of the remaining people prefer not to be bound by these kind of
posting policies. If that is the case, then it may be that the only recourse for
those who support the views of Turnbull, Byrne, Doughty, et. al. is to
start afresh with a new list that has strictly enforced rules for
membership. Such thing can easily be carried out with the proper
planning.

Regards,

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787