[tlug] characterset in gnus

I'm quite new to gnus (5.8.8., XEmacs 21.4.8, SuSE 8.0), so please
excuse if my question is too simple -- probably it is. I don't know how
I can change the encoding of a mail which isn't shown in the correct
encoding. From time to time I get mail encoded as iso-8859-1 (I mean
containing "charset=iso-8859-1" in its header) but has some Japanese
stuff in it which is only readable if I change the encoding to
euc-jp. In sylpheed for example I would go to the menu "View/Code set"
and select the correct one. In gnus I didn't find a way to do that,
except of changing the header of the message manually outside of gnus
with an editor.  Did I miss something very basic?

Gerhard Schuck
geschu@example.com